Sunday, November 28, 2010

Older Projects

Hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving.  We had a lot of fun and a lot of food!

Today I'm posting a couple past projects, with the holiday traveling and all I haven't had a chance to do sewing this weekend.

First up, a lovely muumuu with blue fishes.  I was so excited when I found this at a dollar a bag sale.  I saw so much potential for a dramatic makeover!

I cut off the length, and gave it a V neck, but I also brought in the sides to make it more fitted and put in a couple darts that gave it a nice shape.  End result?  Fab! This is one that even I have a hard time believing it's the same garment, and I'm the one who sewed it.





















Next up on the re-do road, a makeover for my daughter.  She loves all things Asian, and I've been lucky enough to find a couple cute nightgown/house coat type items at thrift stores that were pretty easy to remake into cute tops.  She likes to be unique so remaking something into a one of a kind piece is right up her alley. 

This started out as a pretty standard house coat, zipper, quilted collar,  and long.  I thought for sure the collar would be first to go, but she actually likes the collar.  All I had to do with this one was take up the length, and shorten the sleeves.  She paired it with a white belt and some black shorts to suit her own sense of fashion.  I must say the collar was a good call as it turned out to be one of my favorite elements of the new shirt.  Score one for the kid!





















After my daughter wore this to school she came home and said several of her friends told her "I wish my mom sewed!"  That gave me such a thrill, to see her happy and proud.  Being crafty pays off in so many ways.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you go? We miss your awesome creations! Hopefully you'll be back after the New Year :-}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement, I have been in a slump! I will get in gear this weekend and post something :)

    ReplyDelete