Thursday, January 13, 2011

Made from scratch

A bit of a different post today, because I have been in a crochet mood lately. When the weather is cold I love having yarn around me. I decided I needed a new scarf, and just in time as the temps have dropped in to the frigid range here! I found an adorable pattern for a scarf with cupcakes on it. This is perfect for me as I do some baking on the side for a little extra income and cupcakes are my specialty. It took me about three evenings to complete the scarf, and my sister surprised me with a hat to match. Yes craftiness runs in my family. I have gotten so many compliments on this scarf. I love it!!

Thanks and kudos to Jennifer from Jaybird Designs who shared this pattern for free.  Check out her Etsy shop, lots of lovely stuff.





Now as a preview. . . I found this gorgeous sweater for $3 at a thrift store. I spent that much because it is so soft and sparkly. I'll work on it this weekend for a pretty Monday outfit. Stay warm out there :)

1 comment: